Future AGED Teacher Academy
The Future Agricultural Education Teacher Academy is designed to encourage and promote the teaching of high school agricultural education as a positive and promising college major and career choice. The Future Agricultural Education Teacher Academy and Scholarship Program is aimed at FFA members who: have a sincere desire to pursue a career as a high school agricultural education teacher and FFA advisor; have the academic credentials to be admitted to Oklahoma State University and plan to major in agricultural education; and want to develop the knowledge, skills, and dispositions expected of an agricultural education teacher to meet the needs of a diverse society.
Download the Application Here!
Structure and Benefits
- 15 participants will be selected to attend the 2021 Future Agricultural Education Teacher Academy, hosted June 14-18 at Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, Okla.
- The academy includes campus housing, meals, on-site transportation, conference materials, and a T-shirt.
- Students who attend the academy, receive admission to OSU, and enroll in the agricultural education program with an emphasis on teaching will receive a $1000 scholarship. The scholarship is split into two payments. Students may receive the first payment after their first semester at OSU and the second at the beginning of their student teaching.
- Academy participants will be recognized on stage at the upcoming state FFA convention.
- High school sophomores entering their junior year and high school juniors entering their senior are eligible to apply. Students may only participate in the academy once.
- Students must attend all five days of the academy scheduled for June 14-18, 2021 on the OSU campus in Stillwater, Okla.
- All applications must be submitted by the March 1, 2021 deadline.
- All applications must include an official copy of the applicant's most recent high school transcript and a wallet size or larger photo of the applicant.
- To receive the $1,000 scholarship, applicants must:
- Attend all five days of the academy
- Be admitted to Oklahoma State University and enroll in the agricultural education program within three years of graduating high school
- Participants are expected to write thank you notes to the academy and scholarship sponsors. This information will be provided to participants.
- Participants must submit a copy of their OSU transcript to the executive director of the Oklahoma FFA Foundation to receive their $500 scholarship check after the completion of their first semester. The transcript must confirm the student has maintained a 2.5 or higher GPA. Once the student has been admitted to OSU AgEd student teaching, they will then submit a signed note from the OSU director of student teaching to the executive director of the Oklahoma FFA Foundation to receive the final $500 scholarship.