2022 Extension Master Gardener Conference
Mark your calendars and join us for the 2022 Master Gardener Conference on October 6-7 in Claremore! The conference is hosted by the Roger County Master Gardeners.
Thursday, October 6
Preconference Social at the Will Rogers Memorial Museum - Come Meet and greet your fellow Master Gardeners from all over the state. Enjoy the uniqueness and ambiance of an evening in the beautiful and famous Will Rogers Memorial Museum overlooking Historic Claremore. We will have appetizers/snacks catered by The Pink House Restaurant, beverages furnished by the Rogers County Master Gardeners, and live music from the band “Not to Scale”. This “open-air” event will take place on the south veranda area on Thursday, June 16th, from 6pm-8pm. See you there!
Friday, October 7
8:00 - 9:00 am: Registration/Vendor Booths
9:00 - 10:00 am: Keynote Speaker, Ray Moranz with the USDA-NRCS Central National Technology Support Center and Xerces Society
10:00 - 10:30 am: BREAK/Visit Vendors
10:30 am - 12:15 pm: Breakout Sessions (Subject to Change)
12:15 - 2:00 pm: Lunch/Digital Photography Presentation
2:00 - 2:45 pm: Breakout Sessions (Subject to Change)
2:45 - 3:00 pm: Break/Networking
3:00 - 3:45 pm: Breakout Sessions (Subject to Change)
4:00 - 3:00 pm: Conclude/Tour Teaching Garden
Mission Possible: Sustaining Oklahoma's Pollinators in Our Gardens, Farms and Ranches. Ray Moranz, Grazing Lands Pollinator Ecologist for the Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation
Breakout Sessions will be geared around four general topics of Plants/Pollinators, Vegetables/Flowers, Trees/Lawns and Flowers/Other. Learn more about each session and each speaker!
- The Biology of Bees and Butterflies in Oklahoma (with focus on some of their favorite plants), Ray Moranz
- Exploring Oklahoma's Biodiversity with Community Science Projects, Priscilla H. C. Crawford
- Landscape Designing with Native Plants, Karen Watkins
- Growing for Generations: New Gardens and New Plants to Debut at Tulsa Botanic Garden, Ellen Weatherholt
- The Healing Power of Forest Therapy, Sue Woodward
- Integrating Useful Plants in your Landscape for Sustainable Gardening, Anne Pinc/Jalene Riley/Carla Childs
- Trees/Natural Landscapes and how they Connect Nature to Us, Mark Bays
- RG Foods: Overcoming Barriers to Local Food Access, Katie Plohocky
- Current Trends and Colors in Cut Flower Designs, Vicki Stamback
- Multi-species Rotational Grazing, Angela Faughtenberry
- Current projects at the Kerr Center for Sustainable Agriculture, David Redhage
- Future Fungi Farmers: A Discussion on Fungi Cultivation and Utilization, Ethan Miller
- Digital Photography for the Four Seasons, Linda Newton
- Making and Keeping Mixed Species Native Lawns in Oklahoma, Dennis Martin
- Oklahoma Native Plants Needed by Pollinators, Enjoyed by Humans, Steve Owens
- A Celebration of Native and Adapted Non-native Plants, Mike Schnelle
- IPM for the Lawn and Landscape: Pesticide Alternatives, Tom Royer
Host Hotel - Hampton Inn and Suites, Claremore
Discounted rate of $89.00 per room/night before taxes.
- Call the hotel at 918-965-1360 to make reservations and specify you are with the “Master Gardener Conference” when making the reservations. This rate allows you to book a room of your choosing – Standard King, Double Queens, or Handicapped Accessible rooms.
- All rooms come with a mini-fridge, microwave, complimentary WI-FI, hot breakfast, indoor pool, fitness center, business center, and guest laundry room. Please contact AshLee or Lyssa with any questions or concerns.