Learn how to teach a university course while enhancing your scientific communication skills, by serving as a Teaching Intern for BIOC 3653 - Survey of Biochemistry.
Course Number: BIOC 4990
Course Title: Biochemistry Teaching Internship
Credit Hours: 3 (approximately 9 hours of work per week)
**note: Students may have the option to enroll in teaching internships in multiple consecutive semesters, in order to cultivate their teaching skills with advancing status as noted by subsequent Course Title**
Duties of a Teaching Intern:
- Attend course lectures
- Hold (1) weekly Office Hour
- Contribute to Homework/Quiz questions
- Participate in grading
- Attend and Contribute to Review Sessions
- Assist with preparation of demonstrations
- Provides unique experience to enrich undergraduate education
- Allows student (teaching intern) to solidify and apply knowledge in subject area.
- Develops methods of communicating complex scientific topics in students.
- Provides exploration in the field of higher education.
- Allows undergraduate students to work closely with faculty & graduate students.
- Receipt of “A” grade in course.
- Interest in education /teaching.
- Application and “interview” process.