Fisheries management, aquatic ecology, predator-prey interactions
Post-hooking mortality of blue catfish caught by jug fishing.
- M.S. Natural Resource Ecology & Management – Fisheries Option, 2012. Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
- B.S. Biology, 2009 (summa cum laude, Departmental Honors). Christopher Newport University, Newport News, VA
- Research Assistant, Department of Fish and Wildlife Conservation, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA (2012 – present).
- Research Assistant, Department of Natural Resource Ecology and Management, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK (2010 – 2012).
- Laboratory Teaching Assistant (Mammalogy), Department of Biology, Christopher Newport University (2008 – 2009).
- Field Technician/Research Aide, Holistic Wildlife Services, Hampton, VA (2008-2009).
- Research Aide, Virginia Institute of Marine Science, College of William & Mary, Gloucester Point, VA (2003- 2008).
- Alpha Chi Honor Society
- Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society
American Fisheries Society
- Parent Society
- Oklahoma Chapter
- Student Subunit of the Oklahoma Chapter of the American Fisheries Society
Activities & Awards
- Secretary and Treasurer, Student Subunit of the Oklahoma Chapter of the American Fisheries Society.
- The W.P. Greene Merit Scholarship, Christopher Newport University, (2006-2007).
- The Karl E. and Elizabeth H. Beamer Merit Scholarship Christopher Newport University, (2007-2008).
- Christopher Newport University Honors Program Travel Award, to present at the annual AFS meeting, Ottawa, Ontario (2008).
- Dean’s List (for every semester enrolled at Christopher Newport University).
- Christopher Newport University Honors Program Scholar (2005-2009).
- Student-Athlete Award for maintaining a high GPA while on the Christopher Newport University Sailing Team (2006, 2007).