Physiology is concerned with the biology of living organisms; specifically, how living organisms and/or different parts of their body function.
Anyone interested in physiology can pursue an animal science degree within our department.
Our physiology research focuses on:
- Determining the effect of nutritional supplements on ovarian function and milk production in dairy cattle.
- Evaluating control of steroidogenesis, mitogenesis and gene expression in ovarian cells.
- Improving the metabolic health and growth in both animals and humans.
- Nutritional biochemistry of protein and amino acids.
- Studying nutritional and hormonal control of ovarian function and follicular development.
OSU strives to keep the industry and consumers informed with up-to-date research data and outreach efforts.